Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving Recipe For the Perfect Turkey

  • The perfect turkey recipe for people who are not sure how to tell when poultry is cooked thoroughly but not dried out:10-12 lb. turkey
    1 cup melted butter
    3 cups stuffing
    2 cups uncooked popcorn
    salt/pepper to tastePreheat oven to 350 degrees. Brush turkey well with melted butter, salt and pepper. Fill cavity with stuffing and popcorn. Place in baking pan with the neck end toward the back of oven.Listen for popping sounds.When the turkey blows the oven door open and flies across the room, it’s done!

banthanks2.gif

5 comments:

  1. You had me there Donetta, I'm always guess if my turkey is done. I hope you won't mind if I use this recipe in my cookbook, just for laughs. the recipient is not a cook, but she like to read. Have a Great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT THAT IS FUNNY!!!!!!!! I was reading and so into it and just could not imagine what in the world the popcorn was for..........

    hahahhahahah


    Happy Thanksgiving girl....

    ReplyDelete
  3. DONETTA,
    THAT IS FUNNY. I NEED TO MAKE A COPY OF IT AND PUT IT IN MY COOKBOOK...YOU HAD ME GOING...I THOUGHT POPCORN...IT WILL BLOW THE STUFFING OUT.
    THANK YOU FOR CHECKING IN ON ME. YOU ARE A SWEET LADY
    ANGEL HUGS
    LOVE DEBBIE
    YOUR JEWELRY IS VERY BEAUTIFUL

    ReplyDelete
  4. DEAR DONETTA,
    I COULD NOT GET THAT TURKEY RECIPE TO COPY....WOULD YOU MIND E MAILING IT TO ME
    THANK YOU
    ANGEL HUGS
    DEBBIE

    ReplyDelete